



While exploring some wooded areas of DeKalb, I came upon some dirt jumps that look like they've been built for BMX. For a while now I've been thinking of a good place to build some jumps and wondering if anyone already has. These look like they're pretty decent and have some real potential. I asked some guy at the skatepark, who appeared to be a cornfed local, if he knew anything about them and he told me that he built them all. While I doubt that is the truth, he also mentioned that all bikers have been banned from the woods since some little kid crashed while jumping and a handlebar went through his leg. I actually believe that, but if anyone would be willing to risk fixing up/expanding the trails this summer, it could be a lot of fun.
3 comments:
Egad,impaled by a handlebar? Banned bicycles? Sound like it's worth further examination. In all the years I have ridden that section not once have I seen park district employees much less the popo.
do it. but don't tell anyone i told you to. i have a reputation to uphold.
I can't tell anyone that you told me to, because you are Anonymous, haha.
I doubt we'll see any cops, and I'm sure the DeKalb police have more to worry about than a couple of well-mannered BMXers digging up the woods anyways!
Post a Comment