Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Gravel Metric Recap

The Gravel Metric ride is finally over and done, but not forgotten. It was a wild ride, and having very little gravel riding experience made it even tougher for me, but I had fun. I was able to fit a set of 700x35 Schwalbe CX Comp tires on my Surly Pacer road bike, which was a pleasant surprise. The bike handled great off road and that just goes to show how versatile and tough Surly bikes are. After battling the near 100 degree temperatures, wind, gravel and hills, we headed to Fatty's Bar and Grill for some well deserved Half Acre beer and food. Although I brought food along on the ride, I was still starving by the end and inhaled a delicious Fatty's BBQ chicken wrap and their famous potato salad. By 9:30pm I was sound asleep.
Taking a break under some shade.
Hellmutt and Emily
River crossing
Dirt roads

Hellmut and I
Post-ride, looking exhausted and sunburnt.

2 comments:

Ari said...

congratulations on a fine ride and I hope you continue with such great performances.
Ari

Eric said...

Thank you sir, and I will most definitely.