Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Unearthed: Autumn Rides on the GWT



Autumn is the ideal time to ride. I've always believed this. The waning midwest heat and humidity brings forth a climate perfectly suited for outdoor activity.

As the insects and humans prepare for hibernation, we prepare for night life on the trails. We pull out the wool jerseys, charge up the lights, and enjoy the long evenings on The Great Western. We rarely saw other cyclists out there in the fall. It was quiet and dark and surreal. I miss those nights - Nocturnal picnics in the park, cobwebs in your cockpit, struggling to fix a flat in the shadows... Wouldn't have it any other way.

Here's a collection of photos I dug up from one of those outings with the SFCA. These photos were taken 10 years ago. (Yes, TEN years ago. I can't believe it.)









1 comment:

Ari said...

Holy crap! I dont ever remember those photos! Thank you so much for posting. Ari